Second Blog Written by Benjawan A. 4917777
Blog for NM 4407 Seminar in Broadcast and New Media section 2
Cloud Computing is the way to process application in personal computer, companies, organization and others. Instead of running your applications yourself, they run on a shared data center. Cloud computing are the service that provide on demand or pay-per-use service that, in real time over the Internet, extends IT’s existing qualifications.
The Characteristics of Cloud Computing
- Dynamic computing communications
- Sharing data center
- Utilities of computing
- IT service-centric approach
- Self-service based usage model
- Service provide on demand
- Self-managed platform
- Pay per use service as Consumption-based billing
- Can Control quality of service
Cloud Computing Work
Cloud computing has a control quality of service base on the need and satisfaction of the customer. Then they need difference of QoS from service provider.
They connect to each other through a network, usually the Internet and the computer network and the application required to access the cloud computing system. Services like Web-based e-mail programs force existing Web browsers like Internet. Other systems have unique applications that provide network access to clients. A cloud computing system could include practically any computer program each application will have its own dedicated server. It will provide all software and hardware for user to run it.
The target of cloud computing has various target in the online community or anyone who be user and surfer such as CEO, CTO, IT Director, VP of Technology, Enterprise/ Chief Architect, Technical Architect, Development Manager, Quality Manager, Development Lead and Senior Software Engineer.
Nowadays cloud computing be a way to increase capacity or add capabilities on the fly without investing in new infrastructure, training new personnel, or licensing new software. Cloud computing encompasses any subscription-based or pay-per-use service that, in real time over the Internet, extends IT’s existing capabilities.
Cloud computing keep continue forward because of innovation of technology and communication that provided in the online community and service. So for the future cloud computing will not only provide the content but it will develop the capability of computer and telecommunication for exchange, send and receive information faster such as Routing and Data compression.
Advantages of Cloud computing
- For user:
- It comfortable to use. Easy to use it because of service provider will provide all software and application for user.
- Easy to access
- Service provide on demand
- Pay per use
- No need software update
- For Service provider
- Less investment
- Long term management
- Less of software bug
Disadvantages of Cloud computing
- Lost control comes with handing over your data and information and Depending on third-party to ensure the security and confidentiality of data and information.
- Stored data can be lost.
- Requires a constant Internet connection. Cloud computing is impossible if you can’t connect to the Internet. Since you use the Internet to connect to both your applications and documents, if you don’t have an Internet connection you can’t access anything, even your own documents.
- Doesn’t work well with low-speed connections.
The company should not let go and trust the cloud computing because the secure to protect information and data isn’t stable. It cannot guarantee that company information is save form hanger and losing data replicated across multiple machines. But on the off chance that your data goes missing, you have no physical or local backup.
Referring to cloud computing is seemed too comfortable for user and service provider such as investment, accessibility, connection and data. Because of it is to complexity of system and processing so I think that it is too complicate to understand and use it.